By David F. Pendrys (Editor’s Note: Editor attends these games as a fan.)
Just some thoughts from the Wolf Pack v. Sound Tigers game October 22nd. Note I had to leave with about ten left in the third due to medical concerns.
- Final score: Bridgeport 6 (33 Shots) Hartford 3 (25 Shots)
- No Filip Chytil due to an injury for the Wolf Pack.
- The first period was a disaster for the Wolf Pack, as Bridgeport out shot them 14-5 and scored 3 on Chris Nell. Hartford could barely generate any decent chances.
- Scott Eansor scored his seventh goal of the season already by getting to the right place at the right time on the other side of the net from Nell.
- Mitchell Vande Sempel had his first career goal slapping it through traffic past the keeper.
- Tanner Fritz beat everyone by breaking past the D for a one on one showdown with Nell which he won handily.
- Bridgeport was just on fire generating chances and remaining feisty. The stats bear this out with so many shots coming from so many players.
- Travis St. Denis to Michael Dal Colle was the beautiful goal of the one’s seen. St. Denis had been entering the Wolf Pack zone seemingly anytime he wished and this time he fed it to Dal Colle who smacked it in.
- Brandon Crawley had the first goal of the night for Wolf Pack which they needed, though the Sound Tigers held them off. Crawley, Scott Kosmachuk, and Steven Fogarty seemed to have some offensive spark during the game.
- Neal Pionk had a bad turnover in the Hartford end, passing it right to a Sound Tiger, though they survived that mistake.
- The Wolf Pack did come back to life in the second and the game was more even. This was also true in the third that I saw, but Bridgeport had the head start and they kept adding to it.
- 27 Saves for Nell in the loss. 22 Saves for Kristers Gudlevskis.
- It’s tough to say how many goals were Nell’s fault, not that I have that much analysis ability in that regard.
- Hartford actually survived a 5 on 3 penalty kill in the first which was a bright spot.
Larger versions at the Facebook Page gallery.
Categories: All Articles, Hockey
Leave a Reply